Sunday, April 3, 2011

Adrenaline RUSH is why I love to cook

People ask me all the time, what’s your favorite part about being a chef. I look at them with a smile contemplating my upcoming answer. Then I cowardly take the easy way out, bending the facts just a little, because telling the truth is time consuming, and like most Chefs, I’m usually in a hurry, with no time to spare. So, I say with my finger crossed behind my back, COOKING!!!!!. Now, don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love cooking and preparing food for other people’s delight. But truth be told, it’s not my favorite part of the career. Fact is this; I love countless aspects of the professional kitchen. I love the straight up fuck you attitudes of all truly GOOD cooks. I love the ingredients, clamor, heat, drama, gossip, fat,  markets, tempo, ingenuity, tempers, clean stations, family meal, service, a good burn, mise en place, FNG’s and the list goes on. Winning the crown, at the tip top of my list, the one thing that really gets me juices flowing night after night; is the beloved adrenaline rush. The charge I feel when the kitchens at full movement, with the pressure of me making one mistake can send the kitchen spiraling, flipping, and burning a blaze. To me there’s nothing like this pressure, the demanding and hectic rush is my fix. AHHHHHHHHH

No comments:

Post a Comment